Thursday, August 24, 2006

This book is SO overdue from the library!!
My latest read The Mighty and the Almighty: Reflections on America, God, and World Affairs by former Secretary of State Madeline Albright was well worth the overdue fees I am going to have to pay on it. This book took me a very long time to read because I had to stop every few pages to reflect on some idea she proposed, to write down a thought for later consideration, and mainly to simply digest what I had just read. It was a wonderful, albeit long, experience.
The Mighty and the Almighty is not pro-America propoganda, nor is it anti-Bush rhetoric, but is a thoughtful and thorough discussion of the rightful role of faith and religion in foriegn policy, but also in the quest for peace.
If you choose to read this book, and I do hope you do, make sure you give yourself enough time and remember to renew it when it's due.

No comments: