It's been a long, long time and I have done something that I swore I would never do . . . I joined a book club! In lieu of my longish rambles on the books I am reading or have read, in honor of my "never say never" moment, these are the books we have read in my time as a book club woman:
1. Pope Joan by Donna Cross
2. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
3. Monique and the Mango Rains: Two Years with a Midwife in Mali by Kris Holloway
4. Loving Frank: A Novel by Nancy Horan
5. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
6. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian (We liked The Double Bind THAT much, we had to read something else by the same author!)
I believe there was another one in there, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. If I had to choose one of these books to recommend to you, I would choose "The Double Bind" by Chris Bohjalian. Amazing. Seriously. Truly amazing.
As ever, if you have a chance to read any of these, let me know what you thought!