Thursday, February 07, 2019

Frozen

I'm still working my way through The Left Hand of Darkness.   Set in a frigid climate, the plot is moving as slowly as the main character's journey across the frozen terrain.  Seems appropriate that another big snowstorm is headed my way this weekend.

I've never lived in a place where it snows before.  Not going to lie, I'm slightly enchanted when I look out of my kitchen window and see the white, unmarked carpet of snow covering our property.  The frosty branches of the cedar trees outside of my bedroom window are damn magical.  I am fully aware that I am in the honeymoon phase of my winter domesticity, no denying that.  I haven't yet been snowed in.  I haven't had to shovel out my car in order to go grocery shopping.  I haven't slid off an icy road.  So far its been all freaking Elsa/Anna and I'm all in.

My first steps into the world of science fiction, however, are purely Han Solo frozen in Carbonite.  Slow moving.

No comments: